Sustainability on Campus
Click on the green building icons on the map below to learn about each building's sustainable features. After clicking on the building, scroll down to see the sustainable features.
- Energy efficient florescent lighting tubes and compact florescent are used and recycled
- Photo sensors shut off lights in the Matrix and restrooms when vacant
- Recycling bins collect CSI computer paper, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and newspaper
- CSI cardboard recycled
- Geothermal used in heat pumps
- Reflective roof reduces summer building heat
- Non-toxic cleaning chemicals in use
- Post-consumer waste paper products in restrooms
- One waterless urinal
- Kitchen checklist for energy and water use reduction
- Cafeteria fryer oil recycled to bio-diesel fuel.
- Cafeteria non-protein kitchen waste composted to greenhouse worm farm and community garden: (2,000 pounds a month).
- Cafeteria paper items compostable or made from post-consumer waste products
- Tray-less dining in cafeteria reduces food, water, and energy waste
- Re-useable containers reduce paper consumption.
- Zero-waste catering uses only ceramic dishes and flatware.